Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,788   Posts: 1,671,518   Online: 877

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    But I hear perfectly fine. Grin.
    Could you please repeat that? I didn't have my light meter turned up.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Lee! I'll try getting them off tomorrow. Then I can give my real PX 625 batteries a rest.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hate to open up an old thread but since I had this same issue and found my own work around I thought I would post it. I found people on the net saying they had good luck with 675 hearing aid batteries so I picked up two packs from CVS on sale, buy one get one free. Since the diameter of the new batteries was much smaller than the original I simply cut two pieces of heavy paper one about 3/16 of an inch and another that was about 3/8 I rolled the smaller piece tight, dropped it into the compartment then rolled the larger and dropped it inside the first. A little playing with it got a good snug fit. I enlarged the hole on the back of the battery cover to allow better air circulation the followed the instructions from http://www.graphic-fusion.com/lunapro.htm to recalibrate it to the higher voltage.

I hope this helps anyone else looking for a good, cheap, easy way to keep their light meter functioning.

Thanks

Jeremiah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/batt-adapt-us.pdf

But from Gossen you can order the adapter + 2x Silveroxide 1,55V batteries which makes again 2x 1,35V again.

As an interesting aside. The 625 batteries in my Luna Pro were put in in 1973 before I moved to Nova Scotia. They have never leaked and still go to the check mark.
    Newer batteries in other equipment are long since dead.
    I have been told that the life of these batteries depended on the purity of the raw materials received by the manufacturer.
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    35mm RF
    675 hearing aid batteries are 1.4v and should not require calibration.
    You can get 8 675 Walgreen's brand for $7.99 and with two #9 rubber o-rings($2) to fit around the 675, you are in business. I just put an older Luna Pro(says Germany(West)) back in service with this method and the meter checks out perfectly.-Dick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin