Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,519   Online: 896

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just test it, that's all.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I made a quick test: one shot without filter and the other with a TD filter.
    The background is a light green micro-fiber cloth.
    The immage was scaled-down, nothing more, no adjustments.

The diferences are less dramatical as with color though.
    Last edited by archphoto; 03-12-2009 at 05:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's a TD filter?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tungsten - Daylight converter it's a Blue filter better known as an 80a

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some more comment about hot lights and macro photography ... I remember years back reading a tale of woe where some guy set up lights to photograph stuff on his model railroad. As he tinkered around composing and metering, he was dismayed to see some of his plastic models beginning to sag before his eyes!

One needs to be a little careful with hot lights, halogen or photoflood. I am a mere hobbiest and not shooting for commercial color work, so maybe what suits me isn't up to serious pro work, but I have currently abandoned hot lights for daylight color temperature compact fluorescent bulbs, mostly in soft boxes. I haven't shot a whole lot of color film with that rig, but what I have shot looks good to my eye. The bulbs are pricey, but assuming they're not dropped, last a long time and are much cooler in operation as they use way less power.

Another .016 ¢ (after taxes)

DaveT

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sorry guy's, the TD filter should have been mentioned as a FL filter, with halogen-daylight I had even less diferences.
    Tubelights were used reading : +20M etc

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter, the FL filter converts Fluorescent tunes to Daylight balance so is innappropriate for Tungsten halide bulbs

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Some more comment about hot lights and macro photography ... I remember years back reading a tale of woe where some guy set up lights to photograph stuff on his model railroad. As he tinkered around composing and metering, he was dismayed to see some of his plastic models beginning to sag before his eyes! [...]
    Don't think flash is safe in macro photography though. I have seen steam come out of bugs that were flashed at close range. Horrific way to die.
    Flash units too can put out more power, and heat, than would be good for many things.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Ian, I used flurescent light as the light-source with a 20M filter FL on the camera, sorry for the misunderstanding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin