Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,567   Online: 891

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Old-style to PC adapters

Years ago I had a bag of a dozen or so adapters, some one-piece (about 1" long) and others with about 4" - 6" cords that I could use with older cameras and LF shutters. There were several types, including bi-post, ASA/Bayonet, and other types of flash connectors, so that I could connect my small strobes to many of the older cameras that had an X setting.

Well, somewhere about 14 years ago, they became lost during a move, and now I can't seem to find such adapters anywhere.

Does anyone know of a source for them?

EuGene Smith

Images
    Good Afternoon, Eugene,

They pop up sometimes at camera shows. Otherwise, Paramount and E-Bay may be possibilities.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Paramount is the source for all those unique cords.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Guess I'll have to try Paramount . . . have never seen the adapters on FleaBay, and I live in Arkansas which doesn't have camera shows as far as I know. I am a member of a statewide camera club, and they never have any notices in their newsletter about a camera show in this area.

I have never heard of Paramount, but I suppose their website is something like Paramount.com or Paramountcamera.com?

Smiff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Their website is http://www.paramountcords.com/

If they don't have it, you don't need it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the help guys. Smiff

Shooter
    Multi Format

Who made synch cords with user interchangeable tips ?

Quote Originally Posted by B&Jdude View Post
    Years ago I had a bag of a dozen or so adapters, some one-piece (about 1" long) and others with about 4" - 6" cords that I could use with older cameras and LF shutters. There were several types, including bi-post, ASA/Bayonet, and other types of flash connectors, so that I could connect my small strobes to many of the older cameras that had an X setting.

Well, somewhere about 14 years ago, they became lost during a move, and now I can't seem to find such adapters anywhere.

Does anyone know of a source for them?

EuGene Smith
    Would that be W. Eugene Smith ?

I'm answering this now, because I want to ask a question.

I have some synch cords, that had screw-in inter-changeable connectors, for different cameras.

Examples, would be the push-in connection for Rolleiflex, or the Kodak bayonet.

Does anyone, possibly know, who manufactured this synch cord system ?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin