Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,986   Online: 877

Shooter
    35mm

off camera/ remote flash + old camera

OK, I get to spend this semester at university doing portrait work in a studio. The class today just had the nickel tour of the studio and the lighting set-up. But we have the freedom as advanced (!) students to try our wings and experiment :o . (i.e. we get to use film!!)
    So I am looking at trying to use my Vivitar 283s & 285HVs as handheld or remote control units with my 6X9 Voightlander and the 6X6 Zeiss Ikonta. Neither cameras have provision for flash. They are both fitted with Compur shutters. In surfing the 'net I came across an article but just didn't quite understand the process explained. Is there a method (technique) of using flash with an older camera?
    If someone could explain this to me, then this 60 year old man gets to pass this along to a room full of twentysomething kids and an instructor several years younger. Thanks for the help

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There used it be an adapter for the old Leica's (Model III ) that fitted onto the shutter release and had a flash sync build into it.
    It was made by Gitzo I believe. I don't have it with me here in Brazil, it is in Holland, otherwise I could send you a photo of it.

Send me a PM to remind me, I will check on it when I am back in Holland somewhere in June or July.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the risk of pointing out the obvious, open flash would work, as long as the shutters have B or T.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    At the risk of pointing out the obvious, open flash would work, as long as the shutters have B or T.
    OK,I do have the B and T on the shutters, so let me see what I can come up with.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin