Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,883   Online: 1088

Shooter
    35mm

vivitar 3700 flash

does any one have any clue how hard it might be to degunk the contacts of this? the batteries kerploded and now it is not working. I need it to work enough to use for a project, so any advice would be helpful. throw or fix?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Get some electrical contact cleaner and swab it onto the contacts while holding the flash so as any excess will run down and out so you can remove it easier. Then take a micro set of needle nose pliers and pull the coils out a wee bit to add tension to the springs.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the same thing happened to my vivitar 2600. Only the contacts on the battery door were messed up. I put some rolled up tin-foil in it and it works fine. The method Chris posted is probably a better idea if you're not a cheapskate. :P

Shooter
    35mm
    DeoxIT products will remove oxidation and corrosion from contacts and improve conductivity of the contacts, it is not just contact cleaner. Only product I know of that will restore contacts after battery leak.
    http://www.deoxit.com/
    Regards
    Ed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin