Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,659   Online: 816

Shooter
    35mm

Soligor SENSOR CDS light meter question...

Hello, did anybody ever had this light meter? I don't have it's user manual and I am trying to find out why its sensor is collapsible. It gives me different values when it is totally collapsed, when it is half collapsed or when it is not. The previous owner told me that you increase its optical view while you collapse it, but it doesn't make much sense since it should give the same values in a uniform surface...

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I attach some pictures that may help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soligor01.JPG   Soligor02.JPG   Soligor03.JPG   Soligor04.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I never seen this meter before, but it makes perfect sense that pullingthe tube out will reduce the field of view of the sensor.
    Also that when you do, it does give a lower reading: it sees less, so less to register.

There should be a compenstion, and the scale indeed shows to indicator marks: a red and a black triangle mark.
    The tube shows a red marker line, which will correspond to the red triangle. So when pulled out/pushed in to the red line, the red marker will indicate the correct reading.
    Not clear from the pictres how far the tube should be pulled out/pushed in for the black indicator to point to the correct reading. But you will be able to figure that out holding the thingin your hands.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Try www.butkus.org/chinon I'd be surprised if you manual is not there.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for your response,

Q.G.: The red and black triangles are used to set the ASA. When you measure in low light situation you set the ASA using the red and in normal light situations you use the black one. I don't know how the red line on the tube is connected with the red triangle though... It makes sense, but I am not sure

Christopher: I can't see any Soligor light meter in butkus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mindcircus View Post

Q.G.: The red and black triangles are used to set the ASA. When you measure in low light situation you set the ASA using the red and in normal light situations you use the black one.
    How do you know this? The "Low" and "Normal" indicators on the body are Red and Green. Not Red and Black.

I'm going to agree with Q.G. on this one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mindcircus View Post

Q.G.: The red and black triangles are used to set the ASA. When you measure in low light situation you set the ASA using the red and in normal light situations you use the black one. I don't know how the red line on the tube is connected with the red triangle though... It makes sense, but I am not sure
    Well, pulling the tube out reduces the light that reaches the sensor = 'low light' setting.
    Push it in ... etcetera.

It doesn't make sense that in general low light settings, you change the ISO.
    That will not increase the meters sensitivity, so why would you?
    So it must be linked to the variable angle of view the extendable tube produces.

Shooter
    35mm
    How do you know this? The "Low" and "Normal" indicators on the body are Red and Green. Not Red and Black.

I'm going to agree with Q.G. on this one.
    Ok, I 'm not sure about this, that's why I made a post here, but it gives me right measurements in low light (red indicator) when I set the ASA using the red triangle and in normal light (green indicator) when I set it using the black triangle. What Q.G. says about the red line and the red triangle seems reasonable, but there is no black line on the tube or any other black indicator to do something similar with the black triangle.

I'm going to try again in the morning, so goodnight!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin