Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,392   Online: 695

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

How can i use my External Flash [HELP]

Good morning everybody,

A friend of me gives me an external flash as you can see on the photos but without any manual...

And, i don't know very well about the good use of a flash... And how can i adjust it ?

So i need your help please. Tonight will be the birthday of my mother and i've got a roll of Tmax400 into my OM10.

I've read one time that i can have "good" effects if i put the head of the flah in the direction of the top of the room.

The fact is i know i will not have too much light tonbight and i don't want to push my roll.

If you know, can you please tell me how i have to use this flash.

Also on my OM10 i have a manual adaptater. Do you think u can work at 1/125 with f:8 ? Or; what do you suggest ?

The fact is i want to have some depth of field with a good speed.

I forgot, i will have a zuiko 2.8 50mm on it and also tamron 28mm 2.8

Thanks in advance and here it is the photos of the flash

Oscura°°

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
    Last edited by oscura; 12-08-2009 at 04:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi

Its an autoflash with the auto settings adjusted using the red and blue positions on the front switch.

On the top of the flash there should be some sort of sliding scale which you set to the asa of the film. There should then be some sort of red and blue marker which show the f stop to use for each setting, and the range over which the auto setting is usable. I am pretty sure the fastest shutter speed for flash on the OM10 is 1/60. So, set to 1/60, set the front switch on the flash to red or blue, set the slider on the flash to 400asa, read off the f stop for the correct scale. On my similar sized flash I get f5.6 and f11 on the two scales for asa400

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Dear Mr Rusty,

Thanks for your grate help.

So if i understand well, i have rate my iso to 400 and then there is a blue mark showing F:8.

Just under, i can read a blue line from 4.8m to 0.6m, it means that i set my camera to f:8, 1/60 and then if i am between 4.8m & 0.8m the computer of the flash will automatically adjust the flash ? Can you please confirm that i have well understand.. (sorry for that)

Thanks

Oscura°°

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a word of caution: if you bounce your flash off the ceiling it will reduce the amount of light reaching the subject by a stop of more. So unless you will be pretty close to the subject(s), you might want to use the larger of the two apertures (the smaller f/number) available.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Eddy

Thank you very much for the caution.

In fact i plan to bounce my flash in the direction of the ceiling. So i will open one more stop my aperture

Thank you very much for the help

++

Oscura°°°

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin