Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,459   Online: 767

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm in need of a replacement connector for my Speedotron Blackline 102 head. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement plug? Or, possibly, a few of them so I could keep spare(s) on hand?

Thanks,
    Jason
    -Jason Antman

"There is nothing worse than a sharp photograph of a fuzzy concept." - A. A.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Call Flash Clinic in town. Their website is something obvious like www.flashclinic.com.

Okay, I just checked and that is the website, but being the "Flash Clinic," they have way the heck too much Flash on their current website, so if you don't happen to have broadband (I'm at my office where we do), e-mail info@flashclinic.com. I'd give you more info, but their idiotic over-programmed website doesn't let me cut and paste the address and phone number.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks, Dave. I'll drop them a line, but they might be a bit hesitant to sell the parts and let me do the replacement.

Nice to run into you online again, hope things are going well.
    -Jason Antman

"There is nothing worse than a sharp photograph of a fuzzy concept." - A. A.

DKT

try calling speedotron direct. they have great customer service and do the repair work as well. at work, we've have had a couple of theads & packs rebuilt by speedotron in Chicago--fast turnaround, great service.

fwiw, by "plugs", do you mean the metal connectors--multiprong female that goes to the power pack? I'm wondering what you did to it to mess it up or why you would need backup spare parts...sorry, we have 8 heads or something like that, for over 16 yrs and we've never had that happen.....now, we have had 2 heads explode & totally become destroyed. Had a power pack implode and be fixed *twice* under warranty....we have a head with the power cord duct-taped into it....have had to replace a power cord or two to the pack...but NEVER have we had a connector fail....

seriously--call speedotron. by the way, those heads & packs put out alot of juice. If it were me, I'd send the head back to them for the work. be safe--I've seen one of those heads explode, and it ain't pretty.

good luck, KT

Quote Originally Posted by DKT
    seriously--call speedotron. by the way, those heads & packs put out alot of juice. If it were me, I'd send the head back to them for the work. be safe--I've seen one of those heads explode, and it ain't pretty.
    I'm with DKT on this. It's not the time to be penny wise and pound foolish with your life. Never been zapped but have come close so better to play it safe.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin