Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,170   Online: 987

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    Your flash has a meter built into it. The thyristor reads the light reflected off the subject (closest object) and cuts out the flash pulse when enough light has reached the camera. With the correct ISO and aperture dialed into the flash unit, of course. So TTL doesn't enter into it.
    Your flash has a meter built into it. The photosensor reads the light reflected off the subject (closest object) and the thyristor cuts out the flash pulse when enough light has reached the camera and diverts the excess charge back to the power capacitor to recycle the unused energy and shorten recycle time. With the correct ISO and aperture dialed into the flash unit, of course. So TTL doesn't enter into it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a few flash units. Minolta Auto 320x, Sunpak PZ5000AF, Nikon SB-15, Nikon SB-16A and my main flash the Metz 60-CT4. I have quite a number of cameras, although I have no medium format camera, and they are mostly 35mm with ages of 40 year old to a few year old. Minolta SRT-101, Minolta XD-11, Olympus OM-2, Olympus XA, Petri 7s, Nikon FM, Nikon F3HP, Nikon F5, Nikon Coolpix 5000, 2 Nikonos V and a Polaroid Model 150 which I shoot 4x5 sheet film in.
    My Metz 60-CT4 is usable on all of my cameras except the 2 Nikonos which I don't have a sync cord adapter and the Olympus XA. I have TTL with the Nikon F5 and the F3 and I can use the non TTL Auto mode on all others. When I have time I would use the flash on manual and use either the Minolta Flashmeter III or Flashmeter VI. The Metz has variable power manual mode from full power to 1/256 power in 1/3 stop steps so I can pretty much dial in the power I need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for making this correct, wiltw.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    Your flash has a meter built into it. The photosensor reads the light reflected off the subject (closest object) and the thyristor cuts out the flash pulse when enough light has reached the camera and diverts the excess charge back to the power capacitor to recycle the unused energy and shorten recycle time. With the correct ISO and aperture dialed into the flash unit, of course. So TTL doesn't enter into it.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin