Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,787   Online: 780

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hand held flash cable

Hi ya'll,

I'm looking for an appropriate cable for handholding my Canon 155A speedlite. I will use it on the manual setting w/ a set guide number.

So, I either need a hotshoe to hotshoe or PC to hotshoe, coiled and long enough to facilitate my reach. I'll be using it on a Canon AE-1 Program and a Canon EF. The only PC connector is on the cameras, BTW.

I looked on eBay, but for some reason I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'll keep looking, but in the meantime if anyone knows what I'm talking about and can send me a link, that'd be great!

I'm not concerned w/ any proprietary Canon cord, or something that supports the Auto Exposure w/ the AE-1 or anything like that (though I'd take it). I just want a really basic flash extension cable.

Thanks in advance for your expertise,

Chris H.

Shooter
    35mm
    Try http://www.paramountcords.com/default.asp
    If nothing else, the custom cord form should work for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome. I just found their cord on B&H, which looked like the best, but it was 20 feet long. So a custom option is perfect, thanks a lot!

...update.... However, I'd still like to find a cheaper option. It's a tad pricey to go custom.
    Last edited by holmburgers; 03-12-2010 at 01:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: didn't see the need for a new post...

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Hi ya'll,

I'm looking for an appropriate cable for handholding my Canon 155A speedlite. I will use it on the manual setting w/ a set guide number.

So, I either need a hotshoe to hotshoe or PC to hotshoe, coiled and long enough to facilitate my reach. I'll be using it on a Canon AE-1 Program and a Canon EF. The only PC connector is on the cameras, BTW.

I looked on eBay, but for some reason I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'll keep looking, but in the meantime if anyone knows what I'm talking about and can send me a link, that'd be great!

I'm not concerned w/ any proprietary Canon cord, or something that supports the Auto Exposure w/ the AE-1 or anything like that (though I'd take it). I just want a really basic flash extension cable.

Thanks in advance for your expertise,

Chris H.
    Take a look at Flash Zebra to see if they have what you need.

http://www.flashzebra.com/
    Don Bryant

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Back in the seventies I took two hot-shoe adapters, broke them open (and thus had to make new front and end caps), drilled at each a larger hole to the sides, glued a helical spring to it (kink protection) and connected both via a heavy helical headphone cable. Very impressive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys, I'll check out the website, and consider my DIY options...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, so here's what I'm running into. The exact type of thing I want is readily available, but for TTL & automatic features of newer digital cameras. However, would this really be a problem? I mean, if the contacts aren't contacting anything, then no harm, no foul, right?

Like this... http://www.flashzebra.com/products/0124/index.shtml

But, the question is then, are the "classic" triggering contacts gonna be in the same place at all? I would assume so, in case you wanted to use an older flash w/ your newer camera, but I just don't know enough to be sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Generally speaking, that means I've never seen anything else. The peripheral contacts are not used, only the central one.

I just looked at the Zebra site and will try it with a Canon cord.

OK, with a Canon Off-camera shoe cord 2 it works using a Pentax KX and a Vivitar 283.
    Since I don't have any use for the cord, would you be interested in buying it? I'm thinking $20 shipped.
    I don't think it's been used.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin