Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,476   Online: 1085

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Anyone using Photoflex Constellation3 with 150w CFLs?

Has anyone experience with the Photoflex Constellation3 light? Pros/cons? Barring the initial expense of the 150w Coolstar lamps, the unit looks like it would make a nice high-powered 5600K constant light source. Output would seem to be about 1350-1500w tungsten equivalent without all the heat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    Has anyone experience with the Photoflex Constellation3 light? Pros/cons? Barring the initial expense of the 150w Coolstar lamps, the unit looks like it would make a nice high-powered 5600K constant light source. Output would seem to be about 1350-1500w tungsten equivalent without all the heat.
    I have used the Constellation & you are right about the fluorescent, it was the same amount of light as the 500 watt lamps. The kits also include the tungsten lamps which are nice for some applications. I really like the skin tones you get from the tungsten. The only negative is the large size, but the power output & switchable control is worth it for me. The fluorescent bulbs are supposed to last for 8000 hours, so unless you drop them, they will be worth the investment.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin