Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,289   Online: 859

Shooter
    Medium Format

Sunpak 622 Question

I have two Sunpak heads, one ring flash p/n 651-063 and one standard head p/n 651-060.

I really have no idea what I want to do with these. I would like to use them if I had the rest of the parts if for nothing else than just to play.

I think I just need a cable from the hot shoe or sync port and a power unit of some kind. Is this correct? Will this work with either a Canon 1N or a Mamiya 645AF? I would really like to use the ring flash on the 645.
    Web Site and Blog Follow me on Twitter Mamiya RB67, several 35MM cameras and an old Voigtlander Bessy that I use as a paperweight

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is a handle mount flash with interchangeable heads, you have 2 heads do you have the handle and battery holder/back?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think I have a manual for this, or the super 622. If I do your welcome to it just PM me and address. Thats if you need it.

In fact you can download a pdf version at

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flashes...lash_units.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All I have is the heads mentioned, new in box. I'm downloading the manual now, thanks!

Sounds like I need a handle, battery pack and possibly a sync cord then? I suppose the manual will tell me.
    Web Site and Blog Follow me on Twitter Mamiya RB67, several 35MM cameras and an old Voigtlander Bessy that I use as a paperweight

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep you will need the handle and a power source. There are dedicated modules for different cameras and as well as cables. Plus you can PC cable. The manual should give you all the info needed. There used to be a system chart showing the options and available heads, I think there is 7 or 9 heads for this system. Good luck....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can still buy the flash unit at BHPhoto or Adorama.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm on the fence right now as to what to do. I have a pile of things now for this system but still lack the main parts. I could just sell them and buy a ABR800 or buy the rest of the parts from B&H.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the main parts for the 622 is not that expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a great unit. I like to use a bare tube, and that's one of the options available with it. I don't have the real bare one, but I do have the tube with the white plastic covering that gives 360° illumination. That might be a bit better for most uses, anyway, and as I recall the price on it is (or was) better. My main use for it was to do informal portraits in work environments, generally in smallish, light colored interiors. By adjusting distance from the subject and compensating by changing the focal length - assuming the perspective works - you can adjust the mix of direct and ambient light. It gives a wonderful softness with a crisp element contained within it. The farther away you get, the ambient element becomes more dominant. Most of the time, in offices, I liked it at around 5.6 - 8 feet. At 4 feet, it started to look a bit too much like on camera flash, and at 11 feet it began to get a bit bland.

It even has an infrared head available, just in case you want to photograph the folks in the front row in a movie theater.

Since I'm no longer shooting commercially or editorially, I don't get to use it much these days.

Shooter
    35mm

Needing Sunpak 622 ringflash head

Does anyone have a ringflash attachment for the Sunpak 622 handle mount flash? If you are interested in selling please let me know. I would also be interested in other attachments.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin