Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,685   Posts: 1,482,284   Online: 921

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    I have several Graflites which I use along with my Pacemaker Speed Graphic. I only use this setup on special occasions such as photographing my cat. For some reason, when I get the camera out and put a Press 40 bulb in the Graflite, my cat now hides under the bed. Kinda wierd.
    Poor kitty is probably half blind from that experience.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    FWIW, the correct flash for the lightsaber is the early shiny chrome 3 cell flash, not the later satin chrome graflite version. In either case eBay (or the classifieds here) is probably the right place if you don't want them, they would be a little too esoteric for your average thrift store customer.
    Yep, and for the vader saber = 3 cell heiland with large screw in bulb top.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If either of you guys wants to sell one cheap just to unload it, I'm interested. Just want it for the period look really, so it needs to have a reflector. I have a later model Crown 4x5.

Would be nice if it were also functional if I ever decide to scrounge some bulbs and kill some cats...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice stuff if you can get them working

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djacobox372 View Post
    Yep, and for the vader saber = 3 cell heiland with large screw in bulb top.
    Please use these items responsibly. Lightsabers are dangerous weapons and Graflex Inc. and Heiland Research, or any parent company or subsidiary, will NOT be held liable for injury, death or damage caused by the misuse of their products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A while back I remember some outfit reproducing these, mainly for the Jedi wannabees. About $100 a pop? I don't know if they actually worked.
    Charles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can use one with a 5" reflector on my Pacemaker Speed. PM me with offers.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the interest of providing information on the availability of these flash guns I will try to respond.

I believe that the company making the reproductions of the original Graflex flash is called Park Sabers. An internet search should turn them up. I have never seen one of these units but they were a fairly close copy from what I heard.

A few years ago (when George Lucas was releasing his second series of Movies), the site Graflex.org was crashed by a high volume of young people who were posting and asking members to sell them a Graflex flash for cheap. Most of the "regulars" over at Graflex.org are elderly gentlemen who honestly try to help with questions and promote the use of Graflex cameras. This situation has resulted in some hard feelings on the subject at that website.

Probably the best place to find a Graflex flash, Graflite or HR bulb flash would be eBay, but the wanna-be jedi crowd has made prices quite high.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin