Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,087   Posts: 1,635,806   Online: 1209

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DLM
    Shooter
    35mm

Graflite - junk or worth selling it?

I'm trying to work my way through a large lot of darkroom and photo equip. that I picked up on Craigslist a couple weeks back. I came across a few Graflex Graflite items, and don't really know if they are something someone would use or not. I'm tempted to just throw them in with the thrift store donations, but they might end up putting them in the trash not knowing what they are. That auction site seems to show some selling, and others not selling even for really cheap. Are they worth the effort? Or are they worth maybe keeping myself?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DLM View Post
    I'm trying to work my way through a large lot of darkroom and photo equip. that I picked up on Craigslist a couple weeks back. I came across a few Graflex Graflite items, and don't really know if they are something someone would use or not. I'm tempted to just throw them in with the thrift store donations, but they might end up putting them in the trash not knowing what they are. That auction site seems to show some selling, and others not selling even for really cheap. Are they worth the effort? Or are they worth maybe keeping myself?
    Star Wars geeks turns them into lightsabers, so they have some value for that purpose.

You can list auctions starting at .99 cents now for free and pay only if it sells, so theres really no risk in putting them up.

DLM
    Shooter
    35mm
    Ha, I read about the lightsaber thing a while back when I googled them, but didn't know if that was still a "thing" for them. Kinda weird, but oh well. I might just put em up once to see if they sell, but I'm moving in a couple weeks and gotta get the darn things gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 2 of them and was thinking about posting them in the classifieds here and on LFF just to see if anyone is interested. There might be someone who wants one for a collection but doubt if anyone would use them today. George Lucas used them as light sabers in the Star Wars films so people might buy them for that reason alone.
    Price? Who knows maybe $10?
    Edit, you guys beat me to the punch!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM me with a list of what you have, I could make you an offer.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd be interested in one of those since I have an Anniversary Speed Graphic without Graflite and would happy to have one on it just for the classic look. I'm in France though, so I would need it to be really cheap as the shipping will be already a bit costy. Do them come with a reflector? Pictures of them would be nice. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not making a sales pitch here just providing info. No reflectors on the ones I have. Just the handle and brackets so they are not complete. Also I believe these were for a Century 2x3 and have different brackets than the ones for the Anniversary. I will take pictures and post them in the classifieds here just for fun in a few days to see the response. DLM you should do the same so we can really confuse people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have several Graflites which I use along with my Pacemaker Speed Graphic. I only use this setup on special occasions such as photographing my cat. For some reason, when I get the camera out and put a Press 40 bulb in the Graflite, my cat now hides under the bed. Kinda wierd.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    FWIW, the correct flash for the lightsaber is the early shiny chrome 3 cell flash, not the later satin chrome graflite version. In either case eBay (or the classifieds here) is probably the right place if you don't want them, they would be a little too esoteric for your average thrift store customer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    FWIW, the correct flash for the lightsaber is the early shiny chrome 3 cell flash, not the later satin chrome graflite version. In either case eBay (or the classifieds here) is probably the right place if you don't want them, they would be a little too esoteric for your average thrift store customer.
    I have one of the early chrome 3 cell units as well but am keeping it to match my Anni. The other 2 will be posted here in the near future just because I have too much stuff, not so much for the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin