Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,445   Online: 832

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quck qestion about PC screw locks

I'm starting to play around with some strobes and looking to get a pc male to pc male sync cable, was a little confused on cables with screw locks. Can these be used with pc terminals that are not threaded, or can the crew lock only fit into a terminal that is threaded for the lock.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the screw portion can be retracted to expose the PC connector then it should work. If not then don't buy one. Your best bet is to find one without the screw lock. PC cords are still plentiful so you should have many options.
    Most large camera retailers will have a good selection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The connection is the same but because of the threaded section needing clearance, the inner diameter may be larger & not give a solid connection as the male contact bends & loosens. If you have this problem, a small section of tubing over the contact should hold it together. It wouldn't matter if the tubing was plastic or metal, the contact would be inside the tubing.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I recently needed a double ended male pc cord and found one on the BH site. I happened to pass a camera repair shop and they had one. So that could be another source.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin