Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,569   Online: 1008

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looking for Light

I have lights and know how to use them. I don't suck at metering, but there is lots of room for improvement.

I am looking for some online turtorials that go into more than into basics. I don't mind paying for the info if it is really good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if these resouces are still available but Monte Zucker was highly regarded for his wedding/magazine work and his lighting tutorials are possibly still floating around out there. Similarly, I found an orphaned version of Jay Zuga's lighting guide, albeit without the images, which kind of diminishes the effect.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This Photoflex site most likely promotes their own products, but there seems to be a lot of information there:

http://www.photoflexlightingschool.c...ons/index.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I don't know if these resouces are still available but Monte Zucker was highly regarded for his wedding/magazine work and his lighting tutorials are possibly still floating around out there. Similarly, I found an orphaned version of Jay Zuga's lighting guide, albeit without the images, which kind of diminishes the effect.
    This is good info, too bad for the images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The links are good, and I will use them. Just not what I was looking for.

I am interested in finding the tecniques of doing the actual metering.

For example: When you spot sample your scene, what is the suggested interpetation the final ev for using negitive or chrome films. When you push or pull, how to meter to take the best advantage of the toe....

The stuff I need to be tought, but isn't beeause a product isn't being pushed.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin