Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,855   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine triggers up to 230V which will fry a modern camera. I have a rule of thumb that I use my Viv 283 only with my mechanical (a.k.a no batteries) cameras. I use it mostly as an optical slave anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a multimeter somewhere, but I haven't seen it in so long that I actually don't remember if it's digital or analog. I'm not terribly worried about it as I do have alternative flashes; I'll get around to checking the voltage on the 283 at some point and see if I can use it as a compact travel flash safely, though.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are like me you might find it a bit of a challenge to find specific pricing information for voltage protection on Paramount's website. Using their search function didn't seem to do it. I finally found it due to blind luck - here is the link (see the bottom of the page):

http://www.paramountcords.com/vp.asp
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The voltage reduction cord on this site has a 30mm jack plug on it meant to connect to studio strobes, and would be useless to connect a flash gun to a modern Canon SLR that has no sync. socket.
    P.S the Vivitar 283 is safe to use with the Canon AE1 it's from the same era as Matt writes, and the trigger voltage won't be an issue with it , but I wouldn't risk it with a T90 or EOS camera.
    There are 42 different tips to combine to at least 1462 different configurations: combinesd with any type of cord and +/- voltage reduction. I would expect one of the combinations to work; at least male hotshoe to female hotshoe.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin