Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,929   Online: 1014

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Broncolor FCM Meter shows "Err"

When i switch on my broncolor fcm meter, it shows err in the display. Has anybody a clue what could be wrong?

Some time ago it worked. I use it with a sinar probe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a generic guide, on old electronics. My Minolta III-F meter has a hell of a time waking up after the battery has been out of it for a while. If I leave the battey in it, it is flat in 2 days. Obvioulsy this was one of the reasons there was a IV-F meter.

Try a new battery. Leave the battery in it for a day at least after putting it in, then see if error code clears.

If not, try leaving the meter with the battery out for a day before powering it again.

A lot of old meters use an electrolytic capacitor to keep the processor powered to keep factory calibration settings stored in some registers.

There may also be a long life lithium battery soldered to the pc board that does this task, that may have been designed to last 10 years.

That was the case with some moving lights I fixed at the theatre last week.
    They intermittently would forget thier address after being powred off a while.
    A lithium battery and electrolytic powered the cmos.
    The electrolytic cap dried out and that left the lithium to work harder; it was rated for 10 years, but died after 7.
    $17 in parts, and a $2000 to replace light is now relaible again; my time to know what parts to replace and how was free, since I volunteer for the group.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for your help,
    i will try that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I did not work.
    Still shows ERR after inserting a fresh 9v duracell battery.
    I have to open it to check if there are any batteries solded on the main board...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin