Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,267   Posts: 1,534,339   Online: 752

Thread: Briteck PS-200H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Britek PS-200H

OK,
    So I rushed right in, and purchased a set of these babies to complement my soon to arrive RB67. I don't know much about them, except they are 120ws each. They were not the cheapest but they certainly weren't the most expensive. I just wanted some lights the start doing some Portrait work on the side.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

If any one has any experience with them I would love to hear your opinion. Admittedly I probably should have done this before purchasing, but when the wife says "OK Buy them" I got to move on it before she changes her mind!

Thanks ahead of time for your opinions.
    Mark
    Last edited by M. Walter Lyon; 08-19-2004 at 10:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, well no response makes me nervous. Does no one have an opinion on these lights, Or Britek lights in general?
    What!? Behind the rabbit?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmmmmmmmm ... so ya want a response eh?

[SIZE=5][COLOR=DarkRed]Send 'em back![/COLOR][/SIZE]

They're somewhat underpowered for your intended purpose and will have you locked into shooting asa400 film in order to produce a semi-realistic f stop with an umbrella or other diffussion device.
    It seems rather senseless to buy something you'll outgrow in a few weeks ... or less

You'd have actually been in better shape with Alien Bees, still entry level but at least 160/320/640 w/s and available with UV coatted flash tubes.

Calumet Travelites or Photogenic monolights would have been another 'valid' option

... jus' a thought
    ... BC was here!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin