Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,164   Online: 784

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Somewhere in my camera stuff I have a "hot shoe coupler" that is a mini ball head. I can't remember where I bought it nor what brand it is. Maybe this will jog someone's memory but it sound like what you need. I have used it off camera with a slave but not recently.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    some of the earlier sunpaks should work. 333 or 444 I think. swivels 360˚ I think plus the usual bounce
    Good one!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    He says it needs to be a hot shoe model. He says he doesn't plan to use it as is, so I guess that means expendable in some way. He seems to be in a hurry.
    Whatever.
    Ollie, if you can get around the hot shoe part, you could get that 283, attach a cord, duct tape the flash to your head, and have all the bounce and swivel you could ever need!
    Thanks, good suggestion. A hard hat and a miners lamp with a flash tube maybe? Hard to do the 360 degree swivel, or tilting and looking thru the viewfinder though..

To be more precise, I'm doing an armatar mod, DIY style. (here comes the warning crew I imagine, no, Oh, don't, flashes are very dangerous yada yada yada).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, and btw, I do intend to use the it as a cold shoe with PC-sync really, I just need to be able to use it on camera, preferably without bracket. But potatomasher style admits some more volume. So nothing is written in stone yet. If I do stumble across a norman outfit for the right prize (in the EU, I'm scandinavian, so KEH is not really optimal because of the VAT and shipping), I'll abandon this project.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by olleorama View Post
    Thanks, good suggestion. A hard hat and a miners lamp with a flash tube maybe? Hard to do the 360 degree swivel, or tilting and looking thru the viewfinder though..

To be more precise, I'm doing an armatar mod, DIY style. (here comes the warning crew I imagine, no, Oh, don't, flashes are very dangerous yada yada yada).
    DANGER, Will Robinson

There are inexpensive swiveling hot/cold shoe adapters around. Then you could use 283's. The Sunpaks wouldn't allow you to bounce and swivel simultaneously but the 283 with a swiveling shoe will.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd get a used Sunpak 383.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think the 383 meets his 'dirt cheap' criterion. But maybe he can get lucky.
    A Sunpak 411 should be really cheap, and has the bounce/swivel.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are $100 new and anywhere from $5 to $20 used. Not bad for a newer variable-power bounce and swivel flash with a GN of around 100.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Metz 32 CT-7

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Porst TM 40 C

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin