Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,130   Online: 886

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

bounce and swivel!

I need a cheap, semi-large flash that admits a bounce and has a head which swivels. The other specifications unnecessary. As long as it's cheap.

Got any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Metz 60-CT1 should be fairly inexpensive, and give you a whole lot of light, should you need it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    A Metz 60-CT1 should be fairly inexpensive, and give you a whole lot of light, should you need it.
    Not really inexpensive in this context. I mean dirt cheap. Like had for a song. I don't plan to use it as is. And I need suggestions to save me some time ebaying. Oh, a small PS: It needs to be a hot shoe model.

If I need a whole lot a light on the go I have a multiblitz press universal with booster which packs a whooping 320 Ws, puts a meager little metz to shame! Moahahahahaha! (okay, so the metz has more automodes...)
    Last edited by olleorama; 12-09-2010 at 04:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: a small PS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A suggestion to save you time ebaying: check out KEH. For instance, they have a Vivitar 283 in BGN condition for $12.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vivitar 283 will bounce but not swivel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    A suggestion to save you time ebaying: check out KEH. For instance, they have a Vivitar 283 in BGN condition for $12.
    The venerable 283 doesn't swivel, only tilts. So again, I can't sit and check every manual on butkus. And KEH usually doesn't list mundane features as swivel in their list either. Oops. keh does list the mighty swivel function.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, you're right about the 283.

I don't know what constitutes dirt cheap, but there are some pretty cheap flashes with the swivel and tilt listed by KEH. How about the Vivitar 3700? For instance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    some of the earlier sunpaks should work. 333 or 444 I think. swivels 360˚ I think plus the usual bounce

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by olleorama View Post
    Not really inexpensive in this context. I mean dirt cheap. Like had for a song.
    I bought myself a couple of Metz 45 CT-1 units, separately, at separate occasions, for under US$ 10 a piece.
    I´m sure that can still be done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He says it needs to be a hot shoe model. He says he doesn't plan to use it as is, so I guess that means expendable in some way. He seems to be in a hurry.
    Whatever.
    Ollie, if you can get around the hot shoe part, you could get that 283, attach a cord, duct tape the flash to your head, and have all the bounce and swivel you could ever need!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin