Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,264   Online: 1016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Its good for EVERYTHING, absolutely the most beautiful light for photography

Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Earlier today I posted a picture I took as a test with my Speed Graphic after putting it back together. The mist that day was the thickest I have ever seen. It lasted all day and was still around the following morning.

I know it's not quite the same as the grey, overcast days you are referring to but I would like to try more experiments in mist.

I'm sure there are ways of predicting when the mornings will be misty but I don't know what they are.... yet!

Yes, I know I should have moved a bit to the left to separate out the distant tree from the foliage on the right!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Solid gray days are great for taking pictures that you want to look like they were shot on solid gray days!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Landscapes with water foregrounds. Placed on zone VII water reflecting a grey sky can deliver beautiful mother-of -pearl modulations.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I was a wedding photographer I used to pray for sold gray days. It made things much easier. Harsh sun on a white wedding dress was a bugger to get right. Also there were no unflattering shadows on the face. My flash was not sophisticated enough to use for fill in. The worst was the "peeping" sun that used to dash out from behind a cloud at inconvenient moments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Grey days can be fun.

ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin