Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,583   Online: 1038

Shooter
    Medium Format

Metz 60 Ct pack + different heads?

Is it possible to use a different brand companies heads on the Metz 60 CT 4 pack? Supposedly it outputs 360v. I would really like barebulb but cant afford a norman 400....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe the short answer is ...No. My CT2 pack has three wires to the head. Negative, low volts for the head electronics, and high voltages for the flash tube. All of the control electronics are in the head.

You might be better served buying a cheapish flash like an old 283, and then fashioning a new transparent housing for the bare flash tube once the OEM reflector has been removed. Some soldering of well insulated wire to modestly lengthen one lead to let the tube sit vertically mught be needed.

I am not trying to rub it in, but I a few months ago I bought a Norman B200 rig as part of a box of old photo gear at an estate garage sale for $15. $40 for a new AGM battery, and fiddling with the pack potentiometer settings to get it to oscilate again, and it is back into service for me.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Damn! Lucky. I should probably start checking out garage sales or osmething.....those normans look like a piece of old crap to the layman, but boy do they pump it out!

Maybe if I can find a 400B with a dead battery....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin