Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,011   Online: 1060

Shooter
    Multi Format

Metz mecablitz 34 AF-3 gonna work with my Zeiss Ikon ZM??

I am looking for a compact flash unit for my rangefinder camera Zeiss Ikon ZM in order to use it basically for street photography. I had red that the Metz mecablitz 34 AF-3 is a very good one.

However, I found that it is available with different hotshoe mounts. That is C for Canon, N for Nikon and M for Minolta.

Does anybody know if any of the above will work with the Ikon ZM?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just received an official answer from Carl Zeiss. I copy it here for anyone who might be interested.
    Thank you for your inquiry to Carl Zeiss.
    You can use all flashes with standard flash socket that are equipped with manual control or computer control (M or A mode).
    We would recommend Metz flashes, e.g. the models

Mecablitz 76 MZ-5 digital
    Mecablitz 45 CL-4 digital
    Mecablitz 54 MZ-4i
    Mecablitz 44 MZ-2
    Mecablitz 36-C2
    Mecablitz 20-C2

Of course, older models with computer control can also be used.
    Normally, there is no risk for damaging the camera when trying out common modern flash units.
    Moreover, I will buy a few cheap on the ebay in order to check them with the Ikon ZM and I will leave my feedback here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry no one could help; but thanks for the follow up. That's what APUG is about; making information available.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin