Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,806   Posts: 1,581,406   Online: 1104

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    The Gossen "Digipro-F" has a 25 deg exposure and the Sekonic 308 has a 40deg exposure. Does that make any difference to anyone???
    Also the Gossen will store multiple exposures...I think, and the Sekonic will not, if I read the features correctly. Does storing multiple reads equate to being able to average?
    If you want reflected metering, get a spot meter. No clue about multiple=averaging on the Gossen. Another(possible)option is the Sekonic 508 that's become a great deal more affordable recently--assuming size, for once, might not matter? Have a 558 for what the 308 can't do but like the 308 when I want to travel and shoot light and want accurate ambient metering.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Correct me if I am wrong, but you never stated if you prefer incident or reflective metering. If reflective is your favorite means, then I agree with CGW, get a spot meter or combination meter with a spot (I use Sekonic's L-758DR). For incident metering, either one will work fine for you. Sekonic gives a good student discount.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    The Gossen Digiflash is not the same as the Gossen Digipro-F. Some posters appear to have them confused.
    Please ignore my earlier post - I commented on the wrong meter!

It is the Digiflash that I have (and it is 1/2 the size of the Sekonc).

It appears as well that owning a Digiflash doesn't help with your mental processes or observational skills when you are suffering from a brutal head cold
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    It appears as well that owning a Digiflash doesn't help with your mental processes or observational skills when you are suffering from a brutal head cold
    You weren't the only person who mis-read. I also have a Digiflash, which also isn't a Digipro-F, and like it a lot. It's the only light meter that I'll carry all the time, and I switch it into whichever camera bag I'm currently using. Slips easily and lightly into any pocket, and works one-handed even with my XXL hands. Plus it has a clock, alarm, timer, thermometer, and it won't make or receive phone calls, just like the iPhone I don't have. My shooting pals borrow it to time those 20 minute LF exposures in deep shade. I particularly like the not receiving phone calls feature, although I understand that many light meters are similarly equipped.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled not a Digiflash meter thread...

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I´m having a Digipro-F for nearly 5 years now and like it a lot. Batteries seem to last forever, mine has still the first one in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    never mind :0
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin