Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,835   Online: 793

Shooter
    Medium Format

Light Meter with dial adjustments?

I use to have a Sekonic L-358, it was cool, even fired my pocket wizards. But it was entirely a pain to use. While the dial was okay, it had too many functions (and this from a guy who likes his gadgets).

I'm looking for a meter that will allow me to adjust shutter speed and/or aperture on the fly with a dial. I would prefer a digital read out and the ability to hook up a pocket wizard via a sync cable. But most importantly, I want to be able just to use the meter without all the bells and whistles the L-358 had (it confused me sometimes.)

I'd also prefer something under $100 and don't mind looking on ebay for something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Gossen Luna-Pro F which I really like but it doesn't meet some of your requirments.

Jeff

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
    I use to have a Sekonic L-358, it was cool, even fired my pocket wizards. But it was entirely a pain to use. While the dial was okay, it had too many functions (and this from a guy who likes his gadgets).

I'm looking for a meter that will allow me to adjust shutter speed and/or aperture on the fly with a dial. I would prefer a digital read out and the ability to hook up a pocket wizard via a sync cable. But most importantly, I want to be able just to use the meter without all the bells and whistles the L-358 had (it confused me sometimes.)

I'd also prefer something under $100 and don't mind looking on ebay for something.
    Don't get it. The 358/508/558/608/758 all used the same toggle/dial system for aperture/speed change that seems to works quickly and simply--or at least it does for me. Not aware of any meter with a dial that doesn't involve a button to shift between functions/metering modes/settings aside from some very old Minolta flash meters.. Do you have the manual?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin