Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,645   Online: 929

Shooter
    35mm

Which meter to replace my Flashmeter IV

After a good ten years of servicing me infallibly, I accidentally dropped my Minolta Flashmeter IV (snagged the strap off the table), and now it gives unreliable readings. I have no idea who, in the UK, might service the machine, so I am looking for a replacement until I figure this out.

Within my non-budget of necessity, and rarely needing most of the Minolta's facilities, I am looking at:
    Gossen Lunasix-F (used, around £50)
    Sekonic L-308 (new, around £130)
    Gossen Digiflash (new, around £160)

I used to own the Lunasix-F, have never used a Sekonic, and rather like the pocket-sized form factor of the Digiflash.

Any other opinions on which I should purchase and why?

Cheers,
    Tobias

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would recommend your jump up to the Sekonic L508... I did and it made quite a difference in my negatives. Really. Get the book from Butkus and look it over. It is quite a contraption.... expensive, but you will only buy it once and ever be thankful!
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't need a spot meter I would recommend the Gossen Digipro F http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gossen-Digip...8547923&sr=1-1 I've had one a couple of years and I ♥ it, it's very quick and accurate to use, runs off a singe AA battery that can be bought anywhere, has a narrow acceptance angle, and can read the scenes contrast range, although I also have more complex and expensive digital light meters, this is the one I use most that I always have in my pocket, or alternatively you could replace it which is identical http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenko-1100-P...8556062&sr=1-1
    Last edited by benjiboy; 02-24-2011 at 08:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin