Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,229   Online: 996

Shooter
    35mm

430exII + ElanII/EOS50...help?

Okay, so in using my speedlite on my digi, I set camera to manual and use speedlite in ETTL, using FEC and histogram to get perfect exposure. Works great. I don't have a histogram on the film camera, obviously, and I don't trust the in-camera or flash meter, so I cannot hand over total control here...how do you meter with a speedlite on a film camera? I have a light meter coming soon...

Do you use a sync cord and then just over expose the usual amount you normally would? And in doing that, would you increase fec or over expose via the camera(increasing f. stop or lowering ss)?

How do you do it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why don't you trust the in-camera meter? In my experience, dedicated flashes work really well on the cameras they are designed for, as long as you make judicious use of exposure over-ride when you are shooting subjects of non-average reflectance.
    EDIT: I don't know if you have seen this review, but it might help if you haven't:
    http://photo.net/equipment/canon/canon-elanII
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin