Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,903   Posts: 1,584,560   Online: 1043

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm

675s not enough?

I've put 2 just-bought 675 hearing aid batteries with a tin foil spacer between them (a horseshoe so the bottom battery can breathe) into my Lunasix (it's my fathers actually - an heirloom. But I don't think it's been used for decades) I'm experiencing two anomalies:

1) the battery check shows only about halfway to the red mark.

2) In evening light conditions, sun still up, I'm getting an EV of 15.5 when the high scale is activated, but 8 with the low scale activated. It seems to me that it should be off the scale on one of them if it's behaving properly. I think in these conditions the High scale was reading correctly.

Is something out of whack? What I'm hoping to do is firstly start using the meter right away, and secondly to vet the meter's functioning to see if it's worth getting the cylinder/resistor battery adapter from B&H.

Shooter
    35mm
    By adjusting the battery connections I got the battery meter to read sufficient charge, and now the only anomaly is that it reads consistently a stop too high (campared with a camera store's latest and greatest) in all lighting conditions.

I plan to order the adapter cylinder, in the hopes that will solve the problem, and if not that I can recalibrate it.

Again, any suggestions please let me know, thanks.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djhg View Post
    By adjusting the battery connections I got the battery meter to read sufficient charge, and now the only anomaly is that it reads consistently a stop too high (campared with a camera store's latest and greatest) in all lighting conditions.

I plan to order the adapter cylinder, in the hopes that will solve the problem, and if not that I can recalibrate it.

Again, any suggestions please let me know, thanks.
    Why dump any more $ on this relic? The adapters are over 40 bucks and you've still got an old meter with iffy accuracy. For not much more, you could snag a new-ish Sekonic L-398m off the big auction site. They're closing for $50-60.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used the B&H adapter on mine and it works flawlessly. I really do like the meter and spent the $$ because I had two of them. Only one left now - one of the meters fell out of my bag onto the living room floor and burst apart. :-( I agree though, that you may as well just get something a little newer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin