Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,273   Online: 845

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Gossen Lunda-Pro Batteries?

Hello,

new to the forum, just bought a Gossen Luna-Pro (typo in the title!). Needle moves slightly, but won't hit up to the red marker when I run battery check. So I am guessing it needs new batteries.

I removed the old ones, and they are corroded, but the battery chamber itself is fine.

I looked for what information I could on this, but I am not confirmed with any of the information.

1. It can take wein cells?
    2. you can buy hearing aid batteries (675?) and place them in the original washers and use those?

Any help is appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe clean the battery contacts with some rubbing alchol.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contact Jon Goodman - interslice on eBay. He sells adapters that take the 675 hearing aid cells but fit the battery compartments.

I've bought a few things from him - he is great to deal with.

He is most famous for light seal kits for older cameras.

His email address can be obtained by clicking on the link at the bottom of his eBay listings.

Alternatively: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...older_for.html

The wein cells do work, but are expensive.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies guys! Anything I should watch out for like batteries that are BAD to use?

Also does anyone know about re-using the washers from previous batteries and then just inserting a hearing aid battery inside of them?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys! Anything I should watch out for like batteries that are BAD to use?

Also does anyone know about re-using the washers from previous batteries and then just inserting a hearing aid battery inside of them?
    The alkaline and silver oxide 625 batteries are bad - their voltages are wrong and, in the case of the alkaline versions, inconsistent.

As for your reference to "washers from previous batteries" I'm not sure what you mean, because I've never disassembled a battery, and therefore wasn't aware that there might be a re-usable washer inside.

I'd be concerned that the physical size and shape of any included washer wouldn't ensure that the necessary connections would be made.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! Well it's a battery with a washer around it, and as far as I know the washer is just a spacer? I had heard that you could press out the battery, and then press-in hearing aid batteries.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you will find that the luna pro meters require something that is the same size and shape as a 625 cel. I don't think the washer around a hearing aid cel duplicates the thickness correctly.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actuelly, it sounds like those 'washers' are adapters for hearing aid cells. Check this: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum45/8...y-adapter.html
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a comment on batteries. I change all my light meter batteries as well as our smoke detector batteries on my birthday good or bad. I also wouldn't keep the batteries in the unit if it is not going to be used for an extended period of time. I have used Wein batteries in my Luna Pro.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whether Wein cells or hearing aid batteries, they're zinc-air cells whose short service life makes using old meters problematic. Nothing comes close to the almost-flat discharge curve of the old PX625 and other mercury cells. Maybe it's time to look into a newer meter?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin