Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,895   Online: 1061

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Calumet Travelites

I am interested in buying the Calumet Travelite 750's strobes to do portraits with as well as some still life work.

I am interested in these because I will have to travel a little with lighting and these seem like a great set-up.

So, can you all give me some advice or tips or tell me of your experiences with these lights?

thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I am interested in buying the Calumet Travelite 750's strobes to do portraits with as well as some still life work.

I am interested in these because I will have to travel a little with lighting and these seem like a great set-up.

So, can you all give me some advice or tips or tell me of your experiences with these lights?

thanks.
    I've been using two 750s and a 250 for nigh onto ten years now and they're still giving me beautiful light. I haven't even had to change a modelling lamp. They're made by Bowen. You can't go wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I check the travelites out from school often, and I like them quit a bit. They're great lights, I haven't really anything much negative to say about them. They can be a bit on the heavy side way out on a boom, but that's really any mono-light. They seem pretty rugged, all the equiptment at checkout at Brooks gets _a lot_ of use, and they seem to hold up well. When I was looking at buying a light kit, my old roommate who works at checkout at Brooks said the travelite gear went in for repair pretty infrequently, only a little more than the old norman packs, which are pretty indestructable. The only thing I'd like to see would be a protective glass dome over flash tube and the modeling light like the norman heads, but that's not a big issue IMHO.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by david b

thanks.
    I've got a 500, 750 and a Traveler 3000 with three heads. My only complaint was the 750's output adjustment quit working after it hit a concrete floor from the top of a 10-foot stand because we hadn't sand bagged the stand's legs. Still worked - just couldn't adjust the power output.

Have used them for nearly 10 years - like 'em a lot. Lots of accessories from Calumet.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin