Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,588   Online: 920

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Best AA rechargeables ?

Im looking to pick up some QUALITY AA rechargeable batteries. Also looking for a quality charger. I need something decent to power my speedlight, but I dont want to go Nizn or with anything that will overvolt it too much. I just got some LiFePO4 cells from AW (small manufacturer) that are working great in my triggers, but these are CR123 size. Any recommendations?

Main Requirements:
    Relatively affordable
    RELIABLE (I dont want cells dieing on me!)
    Relatively low self discharge (So normal NIMH is probably out, maybe LSD ones?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Sanyo Eneloop batteries are the best I've ever used:

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop-...1&sr=8-3-spell

They are relatively affordable.
    They hold their charges when not in use better than any other rechargeables I've ever used.

Read some of the user reviews on Amazon for more testimonials. Good luck!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sanyo eneloops a little pricey but very worth the price ... I had 8 sets for when I did weddings... Never failed me

Shooter
    35mm
    Eneloops are the best, but the Duracell Pre Charged which have the white tops are rebranded Eneloops. The ones that have black tops are rebranded Rayovacs and not as good.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How do the eneloops compare to the Maha Imedions? Those seem to get good reviews as well.

Are there no LiFePO4 alternatives?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Eneloops as mentioned, and the Maha PowerEx charger are the best I have found. http://www.amazon.com/Maha-MH-C801D-...6962064&sr=8-1 The charger is a bit pricey, but it has a conditioning mode which has brought some lesser batteries back from the dead. Plus each is charged individually, so no worries about charging odd numbers or mismatched batteries.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Any other recommendations on chargers? I definitely want a good one. The Maha looks quite nice.

Also been hearing some great things about GP ReCyko+ batteries. I know GP is China but its considered top quality and the guys on the candlepower forums are all over these.

Any body used the GP LSD NIMH cells?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Used many brands of cells over the years, Eneloops best by far. Unlike the others, they're ready to go when you are. Maha charger also the way to go- nice to be able to charge 8 at a time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bite the bullet, get the right insert and buy a Quantum battery. Or just a quantum battery and and Lead acid old school battery.

These things last for years, if not abused and left undercharged.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    My Olympus Camedia charger with 2100 mAH NiMH rechargeable batteries served me for 10 good years before starting to showing signs of retirement.. worth every penny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin