Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,213   Posts: 1,532,103   Online: 1204

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bowens Gemini 500R for studio lighting

I am starting to do a few portrait shoots and want to get a pretty good studio lighting setup. I want to get something that I won't grow out off too quickly or can add to later on. I was looking at the Bowens Gemini 500R and the 500 Pro systems. I want to get something that will last a long time and has plenty of accessories so I can build up the system as my need requires. I was looking at a 2 light kit but am now thinking 3 lights may be better. Also, I do some outdoors work and would like to get a travelpack for this. I have used Norman before in the US but it customer service is non-existent here and it only seems available in 110V.
    I did like the Norman 60 inch octagonal softbox but there is no adapter for the Bowens system. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    We use the Bowens at school and they work just fine. Even with the high usage of student use, they keep going, so you shouldn't have any trouble using them just yourself.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    I did like the Norman 60 inch octagonal softbox but there is no adapter for the Bowens system. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
    Octaboxes are all the rage right now I bet you can rig something similar.

Don't the Buff products use a bowens mount? ? ?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin