Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,808   Online: 1089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Generally a smaller spot reduce the sensitivity of the meter thus it won't measure low light well. However, I read the manual for the L-508 and it said in spotmode it can measure down to EV3 which should be sufficient. There could be something wrong with the meter.
    Hmmm... I'l try once more to meter with 4 degree spot...
    One of my familiar also has L-508 and also has the same problem as my, so i don't think that it is the problem of spotmeter rather it is the feature

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    While you are checking things, does the battery measure in good shape? I have been very happy with this model meter for about four years.

John Powers
    I use new battery. In normal light it works good. But i like to shoot at evenings or early in the morning. At that time it has problems with metering

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    I use a Minolta Spotmeter F which only has the 1° spot mode, in ambient light with 100 ISO goes down to EV 1 according to the producer. If you are planning a new (second-hand) purchase, I find the Minolta very good stuff, but it's inconvenient to have two different lightmeters, one for spot measuring and one for incident metering.

As Chan Tran says, your Sekonic goes down to EV 3 but that should be more than sufficient in normal situations. Maybe it's a stupid advice, but I would check battery contacts and clean them well.

Certain lightmeters have two different cells for highlights and shadows (Pentax spot meter IIRC). Maybe your lightmeter has two different cells too, and one is out of calibration (or damaged somehow) while the other is not.
    I'd like to have one lightmeter, not two. But thanks for advice i'l try to find a Minolta Spotmeter F at my friends and try it.

I'm surprised with that: "Certain lightmeters have two different cells for highlights and shadows..." I didn't knew that. Thanks a lot for educating me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    !!!! Damn! I'm really a little fool!
    Thanks a lot to Chan Tran! I try to meter in spot mode with a wider angle (4 degree) and it meters good!
    It is strange that it did not meter with different angles before... I changed a battery a week ago. May be this was one of the problems.

Thank you for your advices!

Shooter
    35mm
    No problem, we are all here for help, helping each other is our purpose in life.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you

Shooter
    35mm
    If you don't want 2 meters then the discontinued Sekonic 558r, the current 758, the Gossen Starlight and the discontinued Minolta flashmeter VI or the Kenko 2000 would do both spot and incident.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin