Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,864   Online: 833

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Kiesewetter Photoscop

A friend of mine came across a Kiesewetter Photoscop lightmeter at a yard sale. Has anyone ever heard of them? It seems pretty old, and the needle still moves. I couldn't give him any info since my knowledge of equipment is severely limited, especially the older brands.

Thanks in advance,
    Raul

Shooter
    35mm
    It's German, made by Kiesewetter around 1933. There are several Photoscops, so details depend on which actual model you have. There's a square one with a rectangular cell on top; in fron there's a semi-circlue rule with shutter speeds and a pointer for film speed in Scheiner--that's the regular Photoscop. There's also a round Photoskop K that has a glass dome in the middle for the cell, and the numbers are all marked on the side. That's also around 1933. It's calibrated in Scheiner and DIN.

They're both unusual and hard to find in the USA. I don't know how much they're worth because I don't see them for sale often enough. Even if they do work, they're mostly just for curiosity value now. They're fun to play around with, but you probably wouldn't want to trust it for serious work.

jollinger.com/photo/meters/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the reply, I'd forgotten all about it. I'll let him know somebody has heard of it, though I'm not sure if he still has it.

Raul

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin