Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,644   Online: 1039

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    Exactly. I would set the meter at double the box speed, in this case 800, take an incident reading with the flash meter, and open the aperture 1/2 stop more than what the meter says for the shutter speed you've selected. This should give you nice even lighting without overexposing.
    Interesting that in flash mode the meter offers 90, 100, 200 and 400 as shutter speeds. My lenses are 125, 250 and 500.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the 508 have a selector for choice of speeds displayed in the setup menu?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Regarding shutter speed and flash with an RB67. The RB lenses are leaf shutter, so the shutter is synced at all speeds. I think someone said that already. Therefore you can use any shutter speed for a given shot, with the same aperture (f-stop) provided the flash is on automatic, and set for the proper f-stop and film speed. If you took several shots of the same subject, varying only shutter speed, you would find nearly constant exposure on the flash-illuminated subject, and varying exposure on the background ranging from underexposed for fast shutter speeds and overexposed for slow ones.

I have an RB67 and shot it hand held with a Sunpak 622. The slowest shutter speed I can reasonably shoot without camera movement/blur is about 1/60. Maybe I can manage 1/30 if I have time to compose, catch my breath, etc. But for a wedding, party, whatever, I recommend 1/60 or 1/125 (or is it 1/100 can't remember). Set the flash on automatic and the film speed/aperture you are using (f/5.6 is good) and shoot away.

As with everything in photography, practice will allow you to develop a technique that you and your clients like.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin