Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,739   Online: 893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bigspecbear View Post
    boosta,

Where are you located? If you are in the US, you can get a (used) replacement power pack for about $20. Unless you have some sentimental attachment to the bad power pack, fixing it does not make sense.

Thanks for your reply and my apologies for the delay getting back.

Yes I think that is what I'm going to need to do. I thought it may be something easy and common but its not looking that way.

I am in Australia but I'll just keep an eye out for another power pack.

Thanks again all for your replies and all the very best.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Where ARE the Capacitors ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post

I think the capacitor is actually in the head and not in the powerpack. So I really don't know the answer to the
    problem and it bothers me.
    It bothers me too, but the capacitors are definitely
    in the battery pack on the 60 Series.

This is why a Quantum Turbo Cannot be used with
    a 60 Series Flash, but can be used with a 45 Series, where the capacitors are definitely in the head.

This I definitely do know.

Shooter
    35mm
    Since the OP has determined that the problem is in the pack. Without a schmatic diagram I would guess that the thyristor to shorten the flash duration is defective and is conducting all the time. But the flash won't fire unless there is a very high voltage to trigger it and to ionize the xenon gas. Once the gas inside the flash bulb started to conduct there is no way to stop it because the defective thyristor. That's my guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have over 1/2 dozen Metz 60's and have had this problem a couple of times over the years. It's always the power pack. Not sure how to fix the actual fault in the pack but second hand power packs are fairly cheap so I haven't worried about it too much. Just get another power pack. The CT1/2 packs work just fine on the CT4 heads. I mix and match without worrying about it.

JJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin