Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,672   Online: 1180

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Kenko (Minolta) meters run of a single AA battery have auto switches itself off if they are not used for ten minutes, a battery lasts for thirty hours continuous use, I'm still using the original battery that was supplied in the box of my Kenko KFM 2100 ( Minolta Auto meter V1) when I bought it new three years ago.
    The Gossen Digipro is also an excellent meter for flash use that has auto switch off and also runs on a single AA battery.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-22-2011 at 12:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 77seriesiii View Post
    so I've gone through the postings and did see exactly what I was looking for. We picked up some inexpensive studio flashes and are going to learn how to use them for product and portraits.

Hitting my favorite store I noticed there are at least 15 different flash meters from inexpensive to just under $1K, w/ the more expensive ones incorporate a spot meter and flash triggering.

I keep coming back to the Kenko 1100 or 2100 but just dont know enough about the features on these guys. I use spot and incident meters but just have never used a flash meter.

Thanks

erick
    Most people just use incident metering in the studio with flash

You need to check for brightness ratio (bright side to low side) - but thats about it.

You can spot meter in the studio in the same way you spot meter outside - just make sure you take the spot readings from the camera position and watch out for flare from the flash heads.

If you use spot readings a lot outside then you perhaps might want the feature for flash.

Personally, I use a lot of spot meter readings outside for landscapes but have almost never felt the need to spot meter in the studio

The Kenko units are good, as are the Sekonic and Gossen units.

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have just switched from seconic 308 to a minolta flashmeter IV. So far I'm impressed.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use a Sekonic 758DR but if you want to avoid the outlay get a Sekonic L358. Excellent meter and you can purchase the remote trigger capapbility as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin