Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,521,987   Online: 1097

Shooter
    Multi Format

Testing a Canon 300 TL speedlight

I'm going to look at a Canon 300TL Speed light for my T90 that someone has for sale, I won't have the camera with me and I know some flashes will only work with the test button if they are on a hot shoe, could somebody tell me if the flash should fire on pressing the test button when not attached to a camera.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    The flash should fire with the test button, on or off camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bigspecbear View Post
    The flash should fire with the test button, on or off camera.
    Thanks a lot, it might seem like a silly question, but I know some dedicated speed lights won't fire if they are not connected to the cameras electronics.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Update- I bought the 300TL it's in remarkably good condition considering it was made in 1986 probably M -, and is complete with case instruction manual and original box it looks as if it has almost never been used, I've tried it out on one of my T90 and it works perfectly as per the manual as far as I can see, I'll see when the film is processed.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin