Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,922   Online: 861

Thread: Populat 38tg

Shooter
    Medium Format

Populat 38tg

So, I got a camera that came with a Bracket Flash but I don't really know how to use the flash and it didn't come with a manual.

The flash is a Popular 38tg grip type Thyristor Automatic Flash. I attached a pic I found on the web to show what the flash looks like.

Would anybody happen to have a copy of the manual for this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flash.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is it that I misspelled the name of this Popular 38tg grip type Thyristor Automatic Flash?

Or, is it that no one has ever heard of this flash unit?

Or, is it that this flash is considered junk and you guys are too nice to tell me?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably a simple auto flash with GN38 in meters at ASA100. Look at the top scale, turn to put in your ASA film speed, the different automodes (most often two different modes) are usually color coded on the scale, you'll see distance and aperture combo for the automodes, and different distance/aperture combos for manual mode. That's how 99% of the auto flashes I've seen work. Pretty basic but useful. If you want fill flash I recommend dante stellas excellent article fill flash for amnesiacs

You can override the automodes and gain full manual control by exchanging the fotodiode for a potentiometer. Makes the flash even more useful as an off-camera flash. Requires soldering and basic electronic knowledge though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks olleorama.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin