Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,641   Online: 831

Shooter
    35mm

Metz 60 ct-1 help.

Hello, all

I am new to flash photos. Found a used metz 60 ct-1 that i bought from Craigslist. The guy said it was used in a while. When i first got it the battery was dead and wouldn't take a charge, so i bought a new battery. Got the new battery and charged it. When i bought the guy didn't have the sync cord, He said he would get one for me, but they got the wrong one. Anyways the light on top of batter holder thingy blinks and the orange light on the flash head comes on, but when i hit the test button it doesn't fire. Is the flash head bad? Do i need the sync cable for it too work? Does anyone have a extra sync cable haha. Any help be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Jack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Usualy the 60CT's are bulletproof, so I guess that the test button may be defective? If the things cycles OK and the lights come on then I would assume that all is OK. Unfortunately you will need that sync cord to be able to check it for sure....and I only have one unfortunately!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Metz cords are dedicated....
    /// did you buy mail order or face to face?

There could be many things wrong... damp storage or even long storage is hell on capacitors.
    Everything is usually fixable but at what cost... crossing fingers your "test" button is bad but I kinda doubt it... just saying in case you need to spend $23 via mail order on a cord for a broken flash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iheart7d View Post
    Hello, all

I am new to flash photos. Found a used metz 60 ct-1 that i bought from Craigslist. The guy said it was used in a while. When i first got it the battery was dead and wouldn't take a charge, so i bought a new battery. Got the new battery and charged it. When i bought the guy didn't have the sync cord, He said he would get one for me, but they got the wrong one. Anyways the light on top of batter holder thingy blinks and the orange light on the flash head comes on, but when i hit the test button it doesn't fire. Is the flash head bad? Do i need the sync cable for it too work? Does anyone have a extra sync cable haha. Any help be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Jack
    Where are you? I can check to see if I have an extra synch cord.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Face to face, i have bought other camera stuff from him before and no problems before. He just didnt have it. he said he gonna get one but the one he got was wrong, it had six contacts instead of eight.

Yeah thats why im asking i dont want to spend even more for a broken flash.

Im in tucson, az.

Thanks for all y'all help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll check to see if I've got any extra, and will pm you with the result.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jack, if you give up on the flash, PM me, I recently bought an old 60CT-1 that needs a new battery and it was well known before I bought the thing. I have been to busy and gone recently and haven't gotten around to buying one. So again, if you give up on it, you won't be out for the battery.......but on the other hand, if you can get it working or at least see if it can work, I don't think you will be disappointed. It really is a nice, solid, powerful flash. I love monster flashes and this was certainly THE monster flash for many years......I absolutely KNOW you won't regret getting into operation.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin