Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,183   Online: 759

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    You don't have to do anything. You can use alkaline,NiCad, or NiMH battery cells without any ill-effects.

For the 45CT series, NiCad or NiMH may batteries may result in the strobe is a bit weaker (someone tested it to be about 1 stop).

But for the 45CL series, there is no difference in the strength of the strobe.

Metz just over-engineers.

I currently have CT-1 (2 copies), CT-4, CL-1, CL-4, and Hasselblad ProFlash 4504 (CL-4 clone, I think). I've been using nothing but Sanyo Eneloops and Quantum Turbo.

I did open up 2 copies of the CT-1 and did the modification of moving the ground connection, but then I found out that it made little difference, if any.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I put some cheap 1.5v alkaline batteries to test the flash, oops, nothing happened. I suspect something catastrophic. I removed the batteries and tried with eneloops and still the same.

I was very disappointed at this moment and tried to contact the seller.

Nevertheless, I want to try for one more time and I put back 1.5v and turned it ON...la la...everything worked. I suspect some contact problems with battery basket....

Does anybody have such a behaviour with this flash?
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You need to ensure the polarity of the batteries when you insert them in the basket is correct because the + and - on old battery baskets are often worn off look at the instructions for the 45 CL4 on the Metz website.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin