Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,201   Online: 877

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon CLS on RB67

I was testing an old flash I got with my Mamiya RB67, and trying to get CLS to work. I plugged an SB800 to the X plug of the 180mm f4.5 KL lens using a sync cord.
    When I fire the shutter, the SB800 fires, but the SB600 doesn't. However, when I test-fire the flash, then the SB600 does fire. What gives?
    The SB800 was in master mode, the SB600 in slave mode.

I know there are other ways to trigger it, but I don't really have money at the moment for radio/optical triggers, I'd like to try to get it done with the equipment I have first before dropping more money down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CLS works only with Nikon CLS compatible Cameras, which is F6 (film) and most Nikon digital bodies. Anyway there is a way to use the flashes with your RB67:

Use the SB 600 in manual mode as the master flash, connected to the camera (you might require an adapter to connect it to the camera pc connector)

Use the SB 800 as the remote configured as SU-4 type. The SB 800 can work either in Manual or non-TTL Auto mode.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The RB67 is PC cable only ... and the SB600 doesn't have a sync port.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are plenty of things you can buy that look like a hotshoe and have a PC sync port in the side to allow you to connect PC-synced cameras to hotshoe flashes.

In fact, you might find that a cheap taiwanese Cactus clone (radio triggers) cost about the same as such an adapter; I use them on my RZ.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbringer View Post
    ... and the SB600 doesn't have a sync port.
    -Fortunately, that is an oversight on Nikon's part which is easily corrected if you have a soldering iron handy.

Link:SB600 sync port mod as described on Flickr.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin