Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,880   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want even smaller, the Olympus T20 is just that.

It has a GN of 20 (meters) with ISO 100.

Its shoe makes it a little uncomfortable in a shirt pocket, but otherwise it is the right size.

An info link: http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/flashphotogroup/t20.htm

And an eBay listing: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OLYMPUS-ELECT...item2eac8cf933

If you decide to try to get one, be sure that the battery door is intact, and that it comes with the sliding panel at the back. That panel reverses. One (almost blank) side is used with TTl flash on a number of OM bodies, while the other is used to either set the in-flash auto range or to indicate the aperture to use for different distances.

The back panel comes in two different versions - if you need feet, don't buy the one that only shows distances in meters.

I think I have three of these - they fit in just about any camera bag.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    I have a old Vivitar 150, measures 4" x 2 1/2" x 1 1/8". Has a guide number of 56 @ 100asa, uses 2 AA batteries. Nice compact unit, Steven.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Check out the Nikon SB15. It looks pretty small. http://bythom.com/sb15.htm
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well if "small" is the buzz word here, you could consider the ContaxTLA140. Smaller than a pack of twenty and same shape, with the business area about 25 x 10 mm. Not particularly powerful but does the job for me on many occasions and can be picked up quite reasonably. Check it out.
    BTW the Olympus T20 does not have a test button to fire it, needs to be hot shoe mounted and is far larger than the TLA140. Don't know about the T32.
    Regards,
    John.
    Last edited by Jean Noire; 12-07-2011 at 02:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: extra info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get a bigger shirt, with bellow pockets

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Roberts View Post
    BTW the Olympus T20 does not have a test button to fire it, needs to be hot shoe mounted and is far larger than the TLA140. Don't know about the T32.
    Regards,
    John.
    Ooops, John is right about the T20 - no test button.

The T32 has one.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Found a little Zeikos that looks like its putting out a good bit of light. I'll need to determine its guide number to see how it stands up but at slightly smaller then a cigarette pack I'm thinking this is what I've been looking for! Thanks for all the help everyone!!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a TLA140 (Kyocera CONTAX) and a FC-E (MINOX). Both are not that powerful, but they are extremely small, so I bring one of them almost anytime even when I don't have any particular plan to use it.

As John Roberts mentioned above, TLA140 is a very small and light flash which works with a CR123A lithium battery. I love this small thin silver-finished flash, it really matches my old chrome Nikkormat. The FC-E, which is originally designed for a dedicated flash for the Minox 35 series, is almost the same size (though a little bit thicker) as the TLA140. It works with only two 4AA batteries, GN18 which is tad powerful than the TLA140(GN14), and it has two auto setting mode (Full/F4/F5.6/ISO100). The main drawback of the FC-E is that it can't be mounted on all camaeras without an adapter. The shoe part of the FC-E is located at the hollowed area of the flash body, so it can't be mounted directly on the cameras which have a flat upper surface you find with most of the rangefinder cameras.

TLA140 - Contax (Kyocera) / GN14(m) / Full, TTL, test / w56mm x H74mm x D21mm
    FC-E - MINOX / GN18(m) / Full, 2auto, test / w74mm x H55mm x D30mm / High trigger voltage (over 200V)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin