Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,992   Posts: 1,524,234   Online: 1097

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rolleiflex 2.8F and flash

I have never previously considered using my 2.8F with flash, either on camera or in a studio. I'm now thinking about such an adventure, particularly as fill in outdoor portraits. But with no hotshoe and only an X socket, how do I go about it?

Shooter
    127 Format
    You need a flash-bracket, and PC->Hotshow adapter. They're pretty standard components and can be picked up really cheaply. Then you can use any hotshoe flash.

Alternativly get hold of a hammerhead flash (which has a built in bracket) like a Metz 45. Either way works, depending on how much power you want.

The only problem is that with the bracket attatched it can be tricky to focus, as the handle gets in the way of the focus control. The easiest fix is to jjust preset your distance, and move yourself to the right distance.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin