Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,863   Online: 1058

Shooter
    Medium Format

Stands for off camera flash

i am just branching out into flash photogrpahy and am going to be using my flash off camera. ill be using pc cords but just wondering what stands are available to hold the flash. is it possible to get hotshoe adapters that can screw onto a standard tripod so i can attach that way or do ihave to fork out for a dedicated flash stand?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes there are various hotshot adapters and also plastic "flash foots" that sometimes come with your flash. My canon flash came with them but not my cheaper vivitar.

If your tripod is 1/4-20 just look for an adapter that takes that.

FlashZebra is a good place to start if you are in the US.
    Something like this will work

http://flashzebra.com/products/0219/index.shtml

Lon has a bunch more choices if you want to slave etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also use a clamp lamp type with an accy shoe. With the clamp it will mount anywhere it's posssible for the clamp to fit
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Justin clamp is a nice item to have in the equipment case, but it's more useful in tight location space than studio. I actually never use it that way in my studio.

Camera tripods are overkill and inflexible as a light stand. Itís good to pick up a couple of used medium-duty light stands as a starter.

Another good thing to have is a human being called assistant. They cost more and youíll have to order food during your work day but itís usually worth it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin