Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,812   Online: 1075

Shooter
    Multi Format

A flash-on filters for Canon and Sunpak units

Hi.
    I was advised there are on-flash filters available (presumably gel-type) to match the ambient temp. (for instance shooting portraiture at late afternoon or sunset with on-camera flash for fill-in).
    I checked B&H online catalog - couldn't figure such available for Canon 550EX and Sunpak 383 Super.
    Any hints what they can be and where to find (for oneline ordering) ?

Regards, Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just use normal CTO or CT Straw lighting gel either taped to the flashgun or fastened on with velcro.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ...or if you are using an omnibounce, fit it inside there.

Sunpak has made gel kits for some of their units (my 555 has one, for example), but if you have proper lighting gels, they will be more flexible and cheaper. Magic words: GAFFER TAPE.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depending on the size of the flash (the one I was using was a Vivitar 283) you could find the sample swatches from Roscolux or Lee Filters and then just tape whatever colour you want to the front of the flash. The photo shows I used to go to gave away sample packs in long 3.5 inch by 1.5 inch strips (Lee Filters Numeric Edition), or 3.5 inch by 3 inch patches (Lee Filters Cinematographer's Edition). There were some samples of reflector material in some but most were colour gel samples and they fit perfectly across the front of my flash with every colour and shade you can think of. Best of all they were free then, but you may have to pay for them now.
    I have used two different coloured gels on the front of my Metz 60CT4 for something different as well.
    Brian McDowell

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin