Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,638   Online: 714

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Due to an unauthorized charge on my account, I kissed paypal bye-bye earlier this year. If I had to acquire something and paypal was the only means, I'd open another account with them, get my stuff, and close the account as quickly as I could. This situation has not arisen so far, and I get by wonderfully well. Personal checks, money orders, cashiers checks -- they're just like credit; they just take longer.

K.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Paypal is the easiest for me because it ties into the site software and is automated. You can pay on paypal with money in your paypal account or via your credit card. Personal checks are no problem but some people do get hit with fees.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobin
    Due to an unauthorized charge on my account, I kissed paypal bye-bye earlier this year. If I had to acquire something and paypal was the only means, I'd open another account with them, get my stuff, and close the account as quickly as I could. This situation has not arisen so far, and I get by wonderfully well. Personal checks, money orders, cashiers checks -- they're just like credit; they just take longer.

K.
    I'll be adding up to two more methods of payment on the new version of the site. So far I have been lucky with paypal 5yrs and not a single incident + used pretty much daily. My only gripe with paypal so far is that their site is very sluggish..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobin

K.
    Usually you "back up" your PayPal account with a credit card. It is always an option (in tiny small print) to use when paying via PP.

I do this for 2 reasons:

1) I want the freakie flyer miles I get from my CC (that's how I get to Tucson)

2) I can always cancel a "bogus" charge on my CC direct with the card company. They are very receptive, espescially when you tell them it is a PP related charge!

Shooter
    35mm
    My first experience with paypay s_cked. That's why I haven't and will not ever use it again. Isn't paypal owned by e-bay now? That's another source of ripp-offs and scams. I wish they'd get a handle on things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a version of Paypal where you do not need a Paypal account to send money. The intended recipient needs a commercial account with them that costs them money to run though.

Like some others, I will never "join" Paypal again, but I am happy to send one-off payments via a Paypal merchant's account using a CC if that is the simplest/cheapest method for Sean.

Cheers, Bob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin