Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,548   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Donations to better the bandwidth

Sean, can subscribers help with the bandwidth by donations?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    Sean, can subscribers help with the bandwidth by donations?
    I would donate the entire gallery space. I see no reason APUG needs to provide galleries of "Permanent Collections". A critique gallery where an image can be discussed for 3 or 4 days should be enough.

Just my opinion

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I really like having the gallery space! Would rather pay extra for it to stay there. It is where I put my newest work. A place to see it all together and get comments and share my procees for growth.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Images
    You meet a lot of interesting people on APUG with a wide variety of photographic styles and methods but aside from location and favored format you don't know much about them in the text areas of the site.. I like to visit the personal galleries just to associate the folks that I meet in the forums and chat areas with their work and visual styles.

A picture's worth a thousand words
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm in an evaluation stage at the moment. I need several days running restricted to get an idea of the loads. Then we can start trying some other things and gauge that as well (such as allowing a small personal gallery space for nonsubscribers)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

an option

why don't we not up load to the apug server and use links to our little pice of syberspace as in the Images sit in your own server and we just link to them to share in apug something like what http://flower-forum.com/ does look at the next link http://flower-forum.com/messages/4030.html the file is on my sever but it displays on there forum
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by castilg
    why don't we not up load to the apug server and use links to our little pice of syberspace as in the Images sit in your own server and we just link to them to share in apug something like what http://flower-forum.com/ does look at the next link http://flower-forum.com/messages/4030.html the file is on my sever but it displays on there forum
    Mainly because we then rely on 100's of external servers to serve the images, so when 20 of those 100's of servers do not serve the image (maybe the image was deleted or the server is down), and 100's of people try to view those dead images, I get 100's of support emails from people saying the gallery is not working and images are not loading..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Money - Which Way..?

Sean,

I think this has been asked before - I can't remember an answer - more about this once I select the proper place ...

I subscribed by sending a personal check. I don't know if that was the best way - i've heard about foreign banks charging exorbitant fees for processing personal checks.

What is the most efficient way to donate to APUG?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    Sean,

I think this has been asked before - I can't remember an answer - more about this once I select the proper place ...

I subscribed by sending a personal check. I don't know if that was the best way - i've heard about foreign banks charging exorbitant fees for processing personal checks.

What is the most efficient way to donate to APUG?
    Paypal is the easiest for me because it ties into the site software and is automated. You can pay on paypal with money in your paypal account or via your credit card. Personal checks are no problem but some people do get hit with fees.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    never mind I found it.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin