Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,645   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Something is broken.

I am being repeatedly made to re-log-in and APUG no longer thinks I'm a subscriber and will not let me access subscriber areas. I'm guessing whatever broke, didn't just break for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmm the system lists you as a sybscriber. It sounds to me like you are having an internet cookies issue. Do you have any security apps blocking cookies from apug or you internet cookie security settings set too high?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sean, If this other user is having the same problem as I am, I am using the same browser as I always have and have not changed any preferences...Is it possible APUG is not sending the right cookie? Pardon my ignorance. I have logged in with a different browser to post this message. I am on a Mac OS 10.2.8. and the problem occurs in Internet Explorer 5.2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think something happened after I installed IE7 (which I do not use to visit APUG). All is well now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TracyStorer View Post
    Sean, If this other user is having the same problem as I am, I am using the same browser as I always have and have not changed any preferences...Is it possible APUG is not sending the right cookie? Pardon my ignorance. I have logged in with a different browser to post this message. I am on a Mac OS 10.2.8. and the problem occurs in Internet Explorer 5.2.
    There is definitely a known issue with vbulletin forums and IE 5.2, I've been looking for a fix..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I noticed that too until I saw that the "check" button is not active by default. So when I exit browser and come back, I'll have to login again. So I put in my userid <tab> password <tab> spacebar <enter>.
    The spacebar enables the check box without me moving my hands to the mouse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am still able to continue to be logged on for apug, BUT....something is blocking my ability to download pictures. Sean, anything on your end which creates new walls to my downloading pictures? Please advise....I am frustrated with the inability to download pictures on apug. I am able to do it on my photo.net gallery.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Jon, can you give me a walk through of what you are trying to do? Are you talking about images in the gallery or forum attachments, etc. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean: I follow the basic download steps to add a picture to my apug gallery. I select the standard gallery and go through the steps to down load a jpg picture and when hit the submit button, the system seems to try to download the picture, but it comes back that: cannot find...server error. I have used about half of my allowed gallery space. Do I need to delete some pictures? This problem has been happening on every computer I have tried for the last several months, regardless of the size of the picture. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but just can't figure it out. Thank you for any and all assistance and/or insight you can provide. Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Give it a try now Jon

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin